The northerly part of Charlestown, including all the lands lying on the east side of Woburn, the south side of Reading, the west side of Malden, and the north side of the fifth range of the first division of Charlestown woodlots were set off Dec. 17, 1725, and constituted a separate township, by the name of Stoneham.
To the end of the year 1849
Dec. 21, 1734, parts of Malden and of Reading annexed to Stoneham.
April 5, 1751, bounds between Stoneham and Reading were established.
March 15, 1853, part of Stoneham was annexed to Melrose.
The population of Stoneham at different periods was as follows:
Vital Records Project