1. When places other than Medway and Massachusetts are named in the original records, they are given in the printed copy.
2. In all records the original spelling is followed.
3. The various spellings of a name should be examined, as items about the same family or individual might be found under different spellings.
4. Marriages and intentions of marriages are printed under the names of both parties, but the full information concerning each party is given only in the entry under his or her name. When both the marriage and intention of marriage are recorded, only the marriage record is printed; and where a marriage appears without the intention recorded, it is designated with an asterisk.
5. Addistional information which does not appear in the original text of an item, i.e., any explanation, query, inference, or differnce shown in other entries of the record, is bracketed. Parentheses are used only when they occur in the original text, or to separate clauses found there—such as the birthplace of parents, in late marriage records.
||daughter; died; day
||intention of marriage
||First Congregational, East Medway (now Millis)
||Second Congregational, West Medway
||East Medway (now Millis) Cemetery
||West Medway Cemetery
(Bibles, Family Records, Etc.)
||From Rev. Dr. Jacob Ide's account of Marriages and Deaths, 1814-1849, now in the possession of Orion T. Mason of Medway.
Vital Records Project