The territory now included within the limits of Tyngsborough, originally a part of Dunstable, was incorporated June 22, 1789, as the District of Tyngsborough, receiving its name in honor the Tyng family, who were prominent among the early settlers of Dunstable.
To the end of the year 1849
March 3, 1792, part of Dunstable was annexed.
Jan. 29, 1798, part of Dunstable was annexed and bounds established.
Feb. 23, 1809, the District was incorporated as the town of Tyngsborough.
June 10, 1814, bounds were established between Tyngsborough and Dunstable.
The population of Tyngsborough at different periods was as follows:
Vital Records Project